I'll getcha, daddy!
My son loves to chase me! Around the sofa, around the kitchen, around the yard... laughing all the way. Sometimes we have to stop so we can catch our breath - me from running, and him from laughing. He will often come sneakily toward me, crouched over, hands extended, saying, "I'll getcha, daddy!" And he usually does. Truth is, I want him to get me! I wouldn't want to ever have him chase me and not catch me.
Sometimes, I initiate the chase. I'll get his attention and then quickly hide behind the couch, or a door. I'll even go after him, crouched over, hands extended, saying, "I'll getcha, Nathan!" Ultimately, the chases end in hugs or wrestling matches (growling hugs) or with him jumping up and down on me as I struggle for air and try to hold down my last meal.
I've had discussions with others in the past about "chasing after God". There have been books written about that - "The God Chasers" and others. I'm glad to know that God wants us to chase after him - "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart" - Jeremiah 29:13. John 4:23 says that He is seeking those who will worship Him in spirit and truth. I'm glad that, like me with my son, God sometimes initiates the chase by coming after us!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home