helping
If you've read my other blog, you've noticed my son, Nathan loves to help. Sometimes his "helping" doesn't really help at all. I'm always touched by his enthusiasm and desire to be a part, and to give of himself to help others. Sometimes, however, I get really frustrated and just plain angry at some of his "helping". There are times when he will create a mess so he can "help" clean it up. I cannot count how many times he's poured water, milk, or some food onto the floor and then run grab a towel or napkin to come "help clean up that mess," as he puts it. He really gets a thrill out of helping, and if there's nothing to help he'll make something!
I think some of us do that with God. We want to "help", and sometimes our helping makes more of a mess, because we don't really listen to His voice and direction. Sometimes, doing something "good" isn't necessarily the same as doing something "God", if you get my point. I was thinking about this, and wondering if God gets mad at me when I make these messes. I'm confident he doesn't. He has the patience and longsuffering to see my heart and help teach me, through my relationship with Nathan, how to let Him show me how and when I can "help".


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home