Here are some of my shared thoughts on life, spirituality, parenting, politics, etc. Some are focused, some random, and some are just plain nuts! Either way, I'm putting them out there! Feel free to close the portal, if you can't handle it. Note: GENERAL comments are not intended to depict, nor be directed toward, any specific group or individual. Trust me, there'll be NO doubt if I'm picking on you!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

cup o' joe

I like coffee. I-like-it-a-lot (insert Forrest Gump dialect). I don't like it thin and watered down (Hello, McDonalds!). I don't like it "black" - I like a little cream and sugar. Ok, so I like more than a little cream, and a lot of sugar. I like my coffee rich and full-bodied, and I like it to go down smooth! I've learned some things about making better coffee:

- you should use non-bleached filters because, well, you don't want bleaching agent residue in your drink.

- you should remove the grounds as soon as the brewing is finished, to avoid "acidic drip". (All you "re-drippers" can have it your way, just warn me first so I can pass.)

- you get a better cup of coffee if you let the whole pot (or how ever much you're making) brew completely before serving. (don't interrupt the process)

- you should stir the finished pot before pouring.

- experiment with how much grounds to use, as each machine and every person has their own preference.

- VERY IMPORTANT: If you must re-heat your coffee in a microwave oven (Sacrilege!), make sure it's free and clear of former food odor/flavor! I did this recently, and ended up with Sausage Jambalaya flavored coffee!

- Finally, don't be afraid to step out and enjoy new things! Try a new roast or blend from time to time. Dare to sample a different brand! My personal favorite is Community, but I do venture away from the local brand from time to time.

May all your coffee be good coffee!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer a thermal carafe to prevent bottom burn. I like Community dark roast. 4 scoops for 8 cups. Just a shot of half and half. I would like to try that Mello Joy. Where do you get it? Coffee rules all other drinks that rule.

4:06 PM

 
Blogger David said...

I don't know where you can get it in Sulphur, but they have a downtown and Acadiana Mall location in Lafayette. After your comment, I re-read and edited my post to get rid of Mello Joy, though. In my opinion, it's neither mello or joyful. You might like it, if you like dark-roast. I lean toward lighter roasts, partly b/c they've got more caffeine. (They roast the caffeine out of de-caf) Good to hear from you, man!

8:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>