men are such babies
You've probably heard that about us men. Usually it's pertaining to the way we handle sickness. Most women say these things about us because they feel we use colds and flu as excuses to lay around whining and moping about the house as if we're dying. I actually recovered from two weeks of a miserable allergy-induced sinus infection with body and muscle aches, off-and-on fever, nausea, headache, severe head congestion and sore throat, etc... And (insert "Godfather" voice here) let me tell you something - it was a most miserable two weeks of living! I'm convinced that men aren't really "babies" when we're sick. I think, in fact, that we simply get very sick occasionally to a degree that most women don't deal with. It may be a hormonal thing. It may be that we don't have a regular "flushing" of blood from our bodies to remove possible toxins (except for blood donors). It may be that we fight off most "little bugs" and when we really get sick we really get sick! I don't know, but I just wanted to throw this out there and see what gets thrown back (via comments). I may look for some medical data to support my theory in the meantime. Thanks to my Dr. for the prescription drugs and antibiotics, the nurse for sticking me in the buttocks, and God for sending us much needed rain which should help with all the allergens flying around Acadiana!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home